Providing a big boost to the country’s aspirations to become a cashless economy, internet banking services provided by Indian banks have enabled people to do simple transactions while sitting at their office or home.
Take the example of ICICI Bank, the company’s net banking services ensure a safe, easy, 24×7 available and secure way for banking without even visiting a bank.
If one has opened an account recently with ICICI Bank, a client is given with an Internet Banking ID and password along with the ‘Welcome Kit’ provided by the account.
In case you need to register for the service, here’s a list of the various ways through which you could activate the facility:
Via Credit Card
ICICI Bank clients can also register themselves for net banking through its self banking feature.
- To start with, a credit card holder needs to call up the bank’s helpline, which varies for different states. To find a complete list of helplines state-wise, one can visit the following link: https://www.icicibank.com/customer-care.page?
- Next, authenticate your identity to get the User ID
- In the second step, one would be required to generate the password online.
- Lastly, one can access netbanking via their credit card using the password and the user ID.
- If you have forgotten your User ID, one can start by visiting the link https://www.icicibank.com/online-services/generate-password-personal.page?#toptitle and enter the debit card details or account number and the registered mobile number. The User ID would be texted on the client’s number.
- Alternatively, one can also retrieve his or her User ID via their credit card.
- If you have forgotten your password, then visit the link https://www.icicibank.com/online-services/generate-password-personal.page?#toptitle
Via offline mode
For the offline mode and those who do not have a mobile number registered with the bank, one would have to visit an ICICI Bank branch.
- The bank staff will help you fill a form post which the service would be activated.