In the wake of the sudden rise in cyber crimes, it can be useful to have a bank which helps one regularly change debit card and ATM PIN’s to ensure one’s money is safe.
Banks like Citibank have boosted India’s confidence in debit card usage by enabling them to change PIN’s with speed and convenience.
About the bank
Citibank was established in 1902, from a humble beginning with a small branch in Kolkata, the bank has moved from strength to strength to become one of the biggest investors in India’s financial markets. The bank has also successfully dabbled with software industry by launching companies like Citicorp Overseas Softwars and iFlex Solutions. Citibank’s India operations are currently being supervised by Pramit Jhavery.
Via Interactive Voice Response System
One can easily change the PIN for their Citibank debit card and ATM via the bank’s IVRS facility.
- To use this option, one has to dial the bank’s ATM self-select service by dialing 1860 266 2484.
- Next one has to enter the his or her credit card number and enter the telephonic password (TPIN) or their date of birth.
- The bank would then send the user an OTP on their registered mobile number. One needs to enter the OTP and then change their ATM and debit card PIN.
Via online banking
This facility is only available to those Citibank account-holders who have registered for the bank’s netbanking services.
- For starters, one has to log in to the bank’s internet banking service with an username and a password by visiting https://www.online.citibank.co.in/?eOfferCode=INCCUHOM04
- Next, the user has to click on the tab which says ‘credit cards’ on the left side of your PC/laptop screen.
- Select the ‘PIN related’ category and finally click on ‘ATM PIN’.
- The user would be redirected to a page, wherein the former could go ahead with changing their ATM and debit card PIN.
Visit an ATM
A Citibank client can change their debit card or ATM PIN by visiting the nearest Citibank ATM.
- For this, the client needs to log in using their debit card and the PIN.
- Next, one would have to validate the PIN by entering the old one and then going ahead with changing it.
In case one is confused by the various methods, worry not for there is help available. One can visit Citibank’s page http://www.citibank.com/uae/consumer/reach_us/citibank_online_demo/service_center/change_pin.htm to get access to video tutorials to guide clients on various topics.