State Bank of India (SBI) is India’s largest bank that has the highest number of branches across India. There are 4 different methods to get the SBI account statement. These are as follows.
- Using an ATM card
- Through internet banking
- Checking balance using the authorized bank apps
- Visiting the bank for checking the balance
Apart from these 4 methods, miss call feature and text message features are available too. However, these two features do not provide the statement but only provides the bank balance.
Why do we need an account statement?
- To apply for loans
- To file income tax returns
- To apply for a new credit card
- To keep track of the transaction
Pre-requisite for SBI bank statement, to avail the SBI bank statement through any of the method mentioned above, the account holder must possess these.
- Bank passbook (every account holder will have a passbook)
- ATM card
- Online/mobile banking authorization ( Not all account are online banking enabled, the account holder has to personally request the bank to enable the service on your bank account)
Now let’s look into each procedure
SBI Account Statement With the ATM card
- ATM card and valid pin number
- Step 1: Visit an ATM machine anywhere in India
- Step 2: Swipe your card in the ATM machine card slot PS: prefer using SBI ATM machine as the bank will charge if the number of ATM uses has exceeded the allotted ones.
- Step 3: Enter the secret 4 digit pin number of your ATM card
- Step 4: On the screen you will see several options, select the option “Mini Statement”
- Step 5: The ATM machine will now print the statement. PS: This method can be used to get only a maximum of 5-15 previous transactions statement and not more than that, this is why it is called a mini statement.
SBI Account Statement Through bank apps or authorized 3rd party apps
- Online/mobile banking enabled or authorised bank account
- Authorized 3rd party app or bank app
- SBI Anywhere Personal – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sbi.SBIFreedomPlus
- YONO by SBI – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sbi.lotusintouch
- SBI Buddy – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sbi.erupee&hl=en
The above-mentioned apps are some of the most useful and authorised apps that can be used for acquiring the bank account statement.
- Step 1: Download the app from the above list or from Google play store or from Apple App Store
- Step 2: install the app and open the app
- Step 3: sign in, if you already have an account and password or sign up for a new account and password on the app.
- Step 4: sign in as requested on the app and then Link your bank account to this app, for that you will have to provide your account number and the app will send a “One Time Password” to your registered mobile number, enter the OTP and verify.
- Step 5: After completing the registration and linking process. On the home screen of the app, you will find options to check the bank balance and also to receive a bank account statement to your email ID, this option would also be mentioned as “e-statement”
- Step 6: select this option and the bank account statement will be sent to your email ID
SBI Account Statement directly from the bank
- Bank passbook
- Step 1: Visit the nearest SBI bank or your bank account branch
- Step 2: talk to the staff and mention your requirement and provide them your passbook
- Step 3: mention the period transaction that needed
- Step4: now the staff will insert the passbook into a machine and the machine will systematically print the transaction details of the mentioned period.
Apart from this method, the account holder can fill up a form requesting the account statement, once the form is submitted it will take half an hour to get the bank statement.