IDBI Bank was established in the year 1964 and is owned by the Central Government. The bank currently has 1995 branches and 3817 ATMs. The bank also operates an overseas branch in Dubai. With the government making Aadhar linking with bank accounts mandatory, IDBI Bank has enabled its customers to link their accounts with Aadhar through both online as well as offline methods.
The process of online linking
Customer needs to have an internet banking account to be able to link the account with Aadhar online. The various steps have been mentioned here.
- Log in to the net banking account using the user ID and password.
- On the homepage, click on the “Aadhar Linking Request” which is present under the “Quick Links” option.
- A new window opens where the user needs to fill in the various details in the fields such as Aadhar Number, Re-enter Aadhar Number and the Account Number.
- Click the “Submit” button.
- Confirm the transaction by entering the customer ID and transaction password followed by clicking the confirm button on the next page.
- Aadhar linking request number appears on the next page.
The customer gets a confirmation SMS on successful seeding of the Aadhar card with the bank account.
The process of offline linking
The customer needs to visit the branch of IDBI Bank for offline linking. The Aadhar linking application form can be downloaded from https://www.idbi.com/pdf/APPLICATION-FOR-LINKING-AADHAR-NUMBER-TO-BANK-ACCOUNT.pdf or can be obtained from the branch itself. The subsequent steps are as follows.
- Fill in the form correctly and write all the required details.
- Submit the form along with self-attested photocopies of Aadhar card and passbook.
- The banking executive would ask for the original Aadhar card for verification.
- The bank would provide a receipt to the customer.
A confirmation SMS notifies the customer about successful linking.