Who does not know the struggle behind successfully opening a bank account? The hassle of visiting the Bank Branch day after day in order to stand in the queue or else, collect all the documents and get a photocopy is not unknown. During these times of intolerable and irritable visits to the Bank Branch, all we wished for was a miracle to happen and get an in-home service for opening a bank account.
Well, it seeks like your wish has come true for the Bank of India is now available online to give you its most dedicated banking experience but minus the hassle of opening it. Read the guide below and find out what has changed and how you can easily open a bank account without anymore irritation.
How to open a Bank account at the Bank of India online?
It is safe to say that the internet is proving to be one of the greatest human assets. To read how it is becoming an integral part of Bank of India, read below:
- Now you don’t have to visit the bank branch in order to get an application form, simply download it on your computer, print and start filling it out.
- Remember that you need to first know the type of account that you want, that is, Savings or Current.
- Choose the bank account if you are satisfied with the required minimum balance.
- To download the form; follow this link; https://www.bankofindia.co.in/UserFiles/File/Account_Opening_Form.pdf.
- You will have to be careful while filling out the form, make sure all the spellings and details are completely real.
- Any faux details can get you in deep trouble, or even, legal proceedings.
Documents for savings account are general
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Address proof
- Ration card
The documents for a current account, including the ones given above are:
- Business license
- And ITR receipt
- Previous months bank statement from another bank account
- All these documents needs to be self attested, that is, signed by you.
- Now visit the branch nearest to your home and deposit all these documents along with the minimum balance and your job is done.
- Wait for any text messages notifying you of the updates on your newly opened bank account.
- The bank will let you know of the next visit to the home branch in order to collect Debit Card and. Cheque book.
How to close a Bank of India bank account online?
The process of closing the bank account is really simple. Follow the steps given below:
- Download the application form from the online website of the Bank of India.
- A direct link to the form is; https://www.unionbankofindia.co.in/pdf/Annexure101AccountClosureRequestFormDemat.pdf.
- Fill in your bank details and the reason for closing the bank account.
- Do not forget to mention the mode through which you would like to get back the remainder balance in your bank account.
- Attach a copy of your Aadhaar card.
- Deposit this form at your home branch along with the debit card and cheque book.
- You will be notified on closing of your bank account at the Bank of India.