Bank of Maharashtra is undoubtedly amongst the Top 5 greatest banking institutions in India. But if you recall and go back a decade, the process of opening a bank account used to be much tensed. Well, the Bank of Maharashtra is now online in order to ease out the bank account opening experience. The greatest benefit of online application form is that you can be at your own comfort zone and fill out the form patiently. Even the required documents can be collected with great ease.
If these reasons are enough to convince you into opening a bank account at the Bank of Maharashtra, read the guide below.
How to open a bank account online?
- The process begins with opening the online web portal of the Bank of Maharashtra.
- One the site is redirected, search for services named Download application form and click it.
- You will be redirected to a page and now click download. The application form will be downloaded on your desktop where you can easily get it printed.
- A direct link to download the form for savings account is as follows; http://www.bankofmaharashtra.in/downdocs/SavingAccOpenform.pdf.
- Note that before beginning to fill the application of, identify your choice of usage, that is, personal or business? Savings account is for personal use and Current for the Business or professional usage.
- Start with filling out the form and fill the details with patience and concentrate on what’s written on the form.
- Next step is to collect all the required documents listed in the application form.
- Do not worry about documents because all the required documents will be listed as you proceed with the application form.
- A few documents may vary in case of a Current Account, all of which will be listed in the form, as well.
- Remember to self attest all of the documents that you attach with the application form.
- Now visit your nearest Bank of Maharashtra branch and deposit this form and the minimum deposit that is required for opening the account.
How to close a bank account online?
Closing a bank account is least recommended given any situation, for most obvious reasons. But if you are determined on closing it, then go ahead and read the guide below.
- Download the application form from the online web portal of Bank of Maharashtra.
- In this closure form fill the details of your bank account, that is,
- Also, mention the reason for your decision of closing the bank account.
- Now fill the mode of payback that is how you would like to receive back your left over bank account balance.
- Now attach a copy of the address proof and registered Aadhaar card.
- Deposit this application form, the Cheque book and the debit card received from the Bank of Maharashtra to your home branch.
- You will be notified as soon as your bank account is successfully terminated.