IDFC is the abbreviation of Infrastructure Development Finance Company which is an Indian banking company whose headquarters are located in Mumbai. The IDFC bank started its operation in the year 2015 after receiving the banking license form the reserve bank of India. Initially the IDFC bank of incorporated in the year 1997 and was registered in Chennai which later on went on to become a Public Financial Institution.in the year 1999.
IDFC Bank has expanded its operations to all over India with 23 branches in Madhya Pradesh, Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Pune, Chennai, Ahmedabad, and Kolkata.
Steps required to Open IDFC Bank Account Online
The steps required to open an account in IDFC bank online are as follows:
First, the customer who wishes to open an account in the IDFC bank must visit the bank’s official site which is www.idfcbank.com.
On the bank’s website the customer must choose the Personal banking tab and in that choose the accounts option.
From the accounts, the user must select the Zero balance savings account option where they see the option of documents required to open a zero balance savings account.
The user must go through the documentation details and try to acquire all the documents specified by in the bank’s policy. The documents required for opening the account include
- Passport size photograph
- Proof of identity and one proof of address.
- Aadhar card
- Driving License
After all the documents are ready with the customer then they can proceed to apply for the account creation by going to the application form on the site.
Customer must enter the details specified on the site and agree to all the bank’s terms and policies and hit continue.
Then the site redirects to next page where the user must attach the documents specified before and submit the application.
After submitting the application the bank takes 5-7 days of working time to verify the details of the customer and open the account in the IDFC bank.
The user receives a message to their contact number stating that their bank account has been created successfully.
Steps to Close IDFC Bank Account Online
- To close the account in the IDFC bank the customer must fill the Account closure request form which is provided on the IDFC bank’s website.
- After filling the details of they can submit the application online.
- Before closing the account the customer should clear all the amount existing in their account along with the interest rates.
- After clearing the account they can file the request for closing the account.
- In case if the user finds any problem in closing or opening the account they can reach the customer support by dialing the number 1800 419 4332 or they can reach them on email [email protected].