The Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC), was established in 1943 in Lahore by Rai Bahadur Lala Ji Sohan Lala Ji (also the Chairman of the Bank then). Currently, the Oriental Bank of Commerce is headed by Sh. Mukesh Kumar Jain as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer on the Bank. The bank offers a wide variety of banking services and/or products some of which are deposition accounts, debit cards, Insurance products, loans, ATMs, Online Banking, Mobile Banking, etc., services.
The bank has also started another programme for people’s participation in the process of planning at the very basic or grass root level to tackle the economic problems associated with poverty.
Opening A Bank Account
Opening an account in the Oriental Bank of Commerce is an easy task. The bank provides a lot of ways to initiate a bank account opening.
- To open an account one has the option of directly going to the bank and filling out the form for account opening.
- Another option is to download the form from the website of the bank and using that to open an account. But, there is yet another option of requesting an account opening online on the website of the bank where one can fill out an online form and initiate a bank account opening process in the bank.
- Opening a Savings or Current type bank account have very minimal steps and can be opened very quickly, thanks to the quick service provided by the bank.
For opening an account online, you can visit www.obcindia.co.in
Closing An Account
The process involved in closing a bank account is also very simple and has only a few steps in it.
- To do that, one can go online on their website and download the account closure form or request for it online.
- The online form is very much similar to the closure form available at the bank and asks for pretty much the same details. After filling in the details, the bank asks for few documents related to one’s ID proof and then generates a request for closing the requested account by the user.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce has made it very easy to get things done.
The Oriental Bank of Commerce has improved their services to make it easier for their customers to avail their services. They have improved and digitized many of their processes to make them more accessible to all.