Standard Chartered Bank is not of Indian origin basically. The bank is having the branches in various countries and therefore, called the multinational bank offering the banking and financial services. The head office of the Standard Chartered bank is at London, England. The overall operations are spread over by the Standard Chartered Bank in terms of 1200 branches. The branches can be having the constitution in the form of joint ventures, subsidiaries and associates.
The total number of countries where the bank has been established are amounting to approximately 70 countries. The bank is also engaged in pursuing the social welfare through various schemes like Seeing is Believing.
There are basically three steps involved in opening the bank account on the website ibank.standardchartered.co.inas follows:
- Fill online form: The online form will ask for various details like reproduced here under:
- The general personal information is required to get registered like name, city of your current residence, pincode, date of Birth, employment Type, gross Annual Income, PAN, Mobile No etc.
- Declaration: I authorize Standard Chartered Bank to contact me. This will override registry on the NDNC. *
After filling the aforementioned information, the OTP will be sent to your mobile number and thus, verified and
- You will be succeeded to next step requiring the information in the following steps.
- Fill in Personal Information, Salutation/Title, First Name, Middle Name, Last Name
- Further email, PAN, Marital Status, Residential Status, Country Of Birth, Nationality etc. ate to be filled.
- You can tick right to avail cheque book facility , details regarding statement type, Name as it should appear on your Debit Card etc.
Purpose of Account
- The address details are required like current residence address detail, Flat no./Building name, street, city, pincode
- Occupation details are also filled in viz Name of Employer/Business , Nature/Type Of Business
- Nominee Details Do you want to add nominee? Yes No
(I understand the benefits of Nomination facility, I am not interested in making a nomination. Kindly approve the account opening form without any nomination)
- Staff will collect docs from you as per the requirement as a proof of evidence in this regard.
- Account kit will be instantly handed over to you and thus, the bank account will opened with the comfortable facility sitting at home.
For Closing the account you need to visit the branch and submit the closing form or you can reach the bank customer care executive on the toll free number:011 – 39404444 / 011 – 66014444