Punjab National Bank, India’s first Swadeshi Bank, initiated its tasks on April 12, 1895 from Lahore. Amid the long history of more than 122 years of the Bank, 7 banks have converged with PNB and it has turned out to be stronger with a system of 6941 Domestic branches and 9753 ATMs as on 30th Sep 2017.
Public Provident Fund Scheme was presented by Government of India in 1968 and it gives the contributor the twin advantages of alluring return and tax benefit. The Scheme is operational in select 693 branches of PNB.
Open PNB PPF account online
Steps to be followed
- Sign in to your internet banking portal with your ID and password. Visit https://netpnb.com/
- Discover the link called My Shortcut. There you will see PPF Account and afterward open a PPF Account. Tap on it
- You will see a form
- Give the details relying on your selection. Here you have to choose the closest approved branch where account will be opened and can be gotten to expectedly.
- Hit submit and you will see a screen saying ‘Request Confirmation’.
- You will get a Transaction Password. Enter the password and tap on submit button.
- System will create a Cyber Receipt which will have GBM Reference Number.
- Once the receipt is created, tap on OK button. The account opening form will be downloaded to your hard drive. Take out a print.
- On the printed form paste a passport size photo, attach KYC documents and convey it to the bank branch you chose at first. The branch will then open the account.
Open PNB PPF account offline
- Not every person is well informed. So for them, offline banking has dependably been the best accessible choice.
- Head toward an approved branch of PNB where PPF account opening services are rendered to its clients
- Fill the account opening form
- Two recent passport size photos
- Photocopy of your ID proof and your address evidence
Once the documents are acknowledged, you have to fill the compensation in slip that you can gather from your approved branch and submit. A different passbook will be issued to you for your PPF account.