A PPF or a Public Provident Fund is an investment for a long time for Indian citizens. This popular scheme has been introduced by the central government in 1968 and is non-taxable. The scheme that was bought in to encourage saving has gained wide popularity from then on. A PPF account can be created online or offline through the designated banks.
RBL Bank is one of India’s leading bank in aspects of growth and has been expanding its presence all over the country. It offers specialized services such as commercial banking, business banking and has PPF investments too. Unlike other banks, we offer online services too where you can create your accounts from all around the country.
Here is how you can open a PPF account in our bank offline
To open a PPF account you need to carry along the following documents while coming to the bank.
- Form for opening the account from RBL Bank
- ID Proof (Driving license, voter’s ID, Passport etc)
- Address Proof (Ration card, Aadhar card, Pass book of bank)
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Pay in slip that is available at the bank branch so that you can transfer the amount
Once these documents are submitted and verified, the bank will issue a PPF account passbook that can be updated according to your transactions. It can be used for claiming tax deduction.
Opening account online can save your time, effort and even travel costs. It is a lot simpler than offline process at RBL bank. Here is how you can create your PPF account online.
Visit our website rblbank.com. You will find the PPF investment scheme option under investments.
- Fill up the form
- Scan and upload your id proof (Driving license, voter’s ID etc)
- Scan and upload your address proof ( Aadhar card, pan card etc)
- Scan and upload a recent passport size photo
- With the pay in slip that is generated you can deposit your amount.
Our RBL Bank app acts as a digital passbook to ease transactions. You can update your transactions and link your PPF account to other accounts with our app.