Yes Bank is the fifth largest private bank in India with assets worth USD 14 billion. It has 630 branches and 2000 ATMs around the country. As per the orders from the Government of India under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, all the bank account holders need to link their Aadhaar number to the bank account by the end of 31st March 2018.
The individuals can do this by using online or offline ways.
Online process of linking Aadhaar to the Bank account
Below are the steps to follow in the process of linking the Aadhaar to the bank account
- First, visit the bank website and the URL is given here https://www.yesbank.in/customeraadhaarlink.
- Enter the customer ID, PAN card, Date of Birth details. After that if you have saving account enter Customer ID or if you have current account enter Customer ID of the Authorized signatory.
- Customer will get a One Time Password (OTP) on the registered mobile number.
- After that, the customer needs to enter the Aadhaar number and they will get an OTP from UIDAI.
- After the entering of the details, the Aadhaar number will be updated in the Bank records and the SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number.
Offline process of linking Aadhaar to the Bank account
Below are the steps to follow in the process of linking the Aadhaar to the bank account.
- Customers can download the form from the URL below or they can get the form at the bank https://www.yesbank.in/pdf/aadhaar_pan_updation_form_pdf
- After taking the print out, all the necessary details need to be filled.
- The form is handed over to the officer who takes care of Aadhaar linking in the bank.
- The officer will verify the details and enter the same in the bank records.
- After the verification is done a confirmation SMS is sent to the registered mobile number of the customer.