Canara Bank is a public sector bank in India and it was incepted in the year 1906. The bank was known as Canara Bank Hindu Permanent Fund and the bank had also been through many rebranding efforts in Past. Today, the bank has more than 6600 branches across India. In addition to this, the bank also has branches in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Bahrain, Dubai, New York, London, Moscow, Doha, South Africa, and Tanzania.
3 Steps to Close Canara Bank Account
Technology has made it easier for us to the bank. Today, you do not have to go to the bank to open an account. All this is possible without visiting the bank. You can open a new account at the comfort of your home if you have Aadhaar Card for KYC. Isn’t that revolutionary and a game changer? It certainly is. But do you know that you can also close your account without visiting the bank branch? Yes, Canara bank offers the facility to close the Bank Account online and we are going to share the process with you.
#1 Close Via Internet / Online Banking
- To start the process, you should first clear off all the funds from the account. This means that if you have money parked into your account, you need to transfer that into some other account. To do this, visit the Canara bank website https://www.canarabank.in/
- Once you are on the website, login to your account and add another account as a payee. Once the payee is registered, transfer the amount and ensure that the balance in your account is 0.
- Now you have two options to close the account. Below are the details of both the options.
=>You can find further details about the how to close Canara bank account online
#2 Close Via Customer Care Number
- In this option, you need to call the bank and notify them that you wish to close the account. The contact number for the bank is 1800 425 0018. The customer service executive will raise a request for the account closure and you will be notified about the same. Remember, it is very important to have no money parked in the bank account for this option.
#3 Close via Offline Application Form
- In this option, you need to write an application for the account closure. In the application, you need to mention the account number, details of the account holder and the reason for the closure of the account. Sign the application and submit it to the bank manager in the Bank. He will request you to surrender the cheque book and ATM Card. Once that is done, the request will be processed and the account will be closed.
- If there is money parked in the account, he will issue you a demand draft to withdraw the money. In some cases, the bank also lets you withdraw the cash.
This was the process to close the bank account with Canara Bank. It should be noted that the account should be settled when you close the account. This means that there should be no loan or credit card dues on the account so that you can close the same.