The Central Bank of India was established in 1911 and was the first commercial bank to be completely owned and managed by Indians. The bank was founded by Sir Sorabji Pochkhanawala. Central Bank of India considers itself as people’s own bank.
For more than a century now, the bank has seen several challenges, and has transformed successfully making its every threat into a business opportunity, and has been able to excel its peers in the banking sector.
Central Bank Mobile Banking
Central Bank of India Mobile app is a mobile banking application with enhanced features offered by the Central Bank of India. It is available for all leading mobile operating systems including Android, Windows, Apple, and Blackberry. The ‘Cent Mobile’ app is a simple customized app that takes care of your banking needs.
Before enabling mobile banking services, ensure that you have a smartphone with internet connectivity, SMS facility activated, sufficient storage on your phone, sufficient availability of balance in the phone, and your bank ATM card.
To activate Central Bank of India Mobile Banking:
- Download the mobile application of the bank (‘Cent Mobile’ app) on your mobile by visiting the bank website https://www.centralbankofindia.co.in/English/ and choosing the tab ‘mobile banking’.
- On clicking the icon ‘Download App’, you can choose the appropriate app for your phone from the options given such as ‘Android phone’, ‘iPhone’, ‘Windows phone’ or ‘Blackberry’.
- After downloading, install the new Cent Mobile app. Then click on the ‘New User Registration’ option.
- You will receive OTP through SMS on the registered mobile number. Once it is authenticated, you can register it, using your internet banking user ID and password which you received from your bank. In case you do not use internet banking facility, visit your nearest branch to request OTP for Cent Mobile.
- Now, you can set your User Id and preferred MPIN (mobile login password) and TPIN (transaction password) for the mobile app.
- Once this registration process is successful, you can log in to use the improved features.
When downloading the Cent Mobile app, please ensure that it is being downloaded only from a trusted source like the bank website or a genuine app store such as Google Play store. Thereafter, protect your mobile phone with a password to prevent access by others.
Always ensure that you log out of the app after you have accessed it. To be on the safer side, change your passwords frequently.