Bank of India is a public sector bank which was established in the year 1906. The bank was nationalized in the year 1969. Currently, BOI has a network of 5100 branches all over the country. The bank also operates 56 offices outside the country.
Headquarters of the bank is located in Mumbai. BOI provides online facility to its customers to get their registered mobile numbers updated without visiting a bank branch.
By internet banking
The customer needs to have a valid internet banking account with BOI to avail this service. The various steps are as follows.
- Open the official website of the BOI which is bankofindia.co.in
- Click retail option under the heading of Internet Banking on the homepage.
- Log in to the internet banking account by typing user ID and password followed by clicking the submit button.
- After logging in to the account, look for the “Options” tab which is present on the upper left hand side of the Menu. Click on the tab.
- Now click on the “My Profile” option on the left hand side of the page which appears on clicking “Options”.
- Click on the “Update Mobile Number” option which is the first option in the drop-down list.
- Fill in the new mobile number in the two given boxes. One box would be labeled “Enter New Mobile Number” and the other would be labeled “Retype New Mobile Number”.
- Type the login password yet again and click the submit button.
The number gets updated soon. An important fact that the customers must know is that one can change the registered mobile number only once in seven days. If you want to change your mobile number again, then you need to wait for seven days before repeating the above mentioned process.
Customers without internet banking accounts should get themselves registered for internet banking to use this service.