Housing Development Financial Corporation Bank is a private sector bank which is also the largest in terms of assets. HDFC Bank was established in the year 1994. The headquarters of the bank is located in the financial capital of Mumbai. The bank has a vast network of 4715 branches and 12,260 ATMs all over the country.
Account holders of HDFC Bank can easily get their registered mobile numbers updated without visiting the home branch.
The online facility offered by the bank has made this process highly convenient for the customers.
Internet banking mode
Customers must first of all get themselves registered for internet banking in order to use this facility. The various steps for online updating of registered mobile number have been listed here.
- Log in to the net banking portal of HDFC Bank. The url is https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/netbanking/
- Type the user ID and password to access your internet banking account.
- On the homepage after accessing the account, you will see an option Update Contact Details on the top of the page on the right hand side. Click on it.
- A page appears which displays your current contact number, address and email id.
- Select the Update Email ID and Mobile No.
- Type your existing registered mobile number and the new number which you want to register with the bank.
- Verify the details and enter the OTP sent to your existing registered mobile number.
- Click the confirm button after entering the OTP.
The details would be verified by the bank and the mobile number would be changed after successful verification. The process to change the number in the bank records takes just a few days.
HDFC mobile app also provides the facility to update the registered mobile number. The customer simply needs to go to the profile settings and choose the update mobile number option.