India is fast moving from a country with the lowest credit card usage to a cashless economy, thanks to government experiments like demonetization and the flourishing digital payment systems and platforms.
As per a recent Reserve Bank of India survey, 29 million credit cards were issued in the country by March 31, 2017—a feat which remained unachieved till now.
To give the institutions their due credit, banks like the Axis Bank have provided succor to this trend by offering credit cards at easy terms. Thanks to such policies, credit cards are no more a luxury but are accessible even to the common man.
About the bank
Axis Bank was established in 1994 and is the third largest private bank in the country. The bank is currently headed by its chairman Shikha Sharma and has a network of 3,589 domestic branches and over 14,000 ATMs.
Types of credit card
Axis Bank offers its clients different types of credit card based on their varying requirements. Some of which are listed below:
- Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card: This card is perfect for those clients who like to earn while shopping. It’s a contactless-enabled credit card for online shopper and its benefits include Flipkart vouchers of up to Rs 8,000.
- Axis Bank Select Credit Card: It’s a credit card comes with a priority pass membership is mainly for those who are fond of a premium lifestyle. The card offers complimentary rounds of golf and exclusive stay-cations under ‘Extraordinary Weekends’.
- Axis Bank Reserve Credit Card: If you are looking for exclusive benefits with a credit card, then this is the thing for you. From complimentary golf rounds at 19 golf courses across the country to unlimited complimentary access to 120 airports across the world, there’s a lot on offer for those who like to live life king size.
How to track a credit card application online
When one applies for an Axis Bank credit card, he or she has to fill an application form which has an application id. To track the status of the application, the applicant must keep the application id handy. There are three ways by which one keep track of a credit card application and are as follows:
a) Via Axis Bank website
- For starters, one has to visit Axis Bank’s official website at https://www.axisbank.com.
- Next, one has to click on the products tab and then select the ‘Cards’ category.
- Now, one has to select ‘apply online for credit card’ and select ‘track your application’.
- Lastly, enter your application id and the registered mobile number to know the status of the application.
b) Via phone banking
- In this option, the applicant has to call up the bank’s customer care at 1860 419 5555 or 1860 500 5555, wherein they would be greeted by a phone banking executive who would guide the caller and provide the required information.
c) Via email
A credit card application can be tracked online by simply dropping a mail to Axis Bank.
- An applicant can visit https://application.axisbank.com/webforms/axis-support/unregistered-email.aspx and fill the required information along and the bank would get back to the client after a short while.