State Bank of India is the largest bank in India and it provides all sort of services to its customer. The bank has improved its service capabilities with time and today, it is one of the most preferred banks. In addition to this, the bank has its reach in rural areas as well as urban areas. In addition to this, the bank also has some branches outside India as well.
What is CIF Number?
The bank provides net banking services as well and the Customer Information File Number or the CIF Number is one of the most important number to avail these services. The number is also required while transferring the bank account from one bank to another.
If you do not have your CIF Number with you then you can find it through many means and here are some of the ways by which you can get your CIF Number.
Getting CIF Number through Offline Ways
These are the offline ways to find the CIF Number.
Finding CIF Number through Passbook
The CIF Number is always listed on the passbook of your bank account. If you have your passbook then go to the first page of the Passbook and you will find the 11 Digit CIF number on the top of the page. It is usually the first information displayed on the passbook
Finding CIF Number through Cheque Book
If you do not have your Passbook with you then you can also find the details of your CIF Number through your cheque book. This is right, the CIF number is mentioned on the first page of the cheque book.
Finding CIF Number through Toll-Free Number
If you do not have your passbook or the cheque book then you can also call the toll free number for the customer service of SBI. The number is 1800 11 2211 and you can request the executive for the CIF Number. The phone banking executive will share your CIF Number with you after validating your account.
Getting CIF Number through Online Ways
If you would like to find the CIF Number through the online process then here is how you can do it.
Finding CIF Number through Net Banking – Account Statement
CIF Number can be found on the account statement and here are the steps to find the CIF Number.
- You need to first login to the SBI Net Banking with help of your credentials.
- After logging in, you will be navigated to the dashboard and on the dashboard, click on the account statement.
- You will now get an option to enter the date range or you can also choose any random month for viewing your CIF Number.
- Once you have selected the date range, click on the Radio Button corresponding to the View and then click on Go. The account statement will now be displayed on the screen.
- The account statement displayed would also have your CIF Number along with your IFS Code and MICR Code
Finding CIF Number through Net Banking – Nomination Details
There is another way to find out the CIF Number through the bank account and here is how you can do it.
- Navigate to the net-banking website of the SBI and login to your account.
- Once the dashboard is displayed, click on the account summary. On this page, you would now need to click on the View Nomination and PAN Details link.
- A new page will now be displayed with the nomination details and the PAN This page will also have the details of your CIF Number.
Finding CIF Number through SBI App
If you want something really quick then you can also use SBI Anywhere Application to find the CIF Number. Follow the steps mentioned below to find the number.
- Launch the Application and login to your bank account using your credentials.
- After logging in, click on the Services Button a list of services will now be displayed.
- From the list of services, click on Online Nomination and a set of options will now be displayed.
- On this page, you will need to choose the type of account along with the account number. Once the selection is made, the CIF Number will be displayed on the same page.
These were the different ways to find the SBI CIF Number and you can now keep your CIF number safely for your future reference. You can save it in your phone or on the notepad so that you do not have to take the trouble of finding the CIF Number again.