Dena Bank started as a private enterprise in the year 1938 but was nationalized by the Government of India in 1969 along with 13 other banks. Dena Bank currently operates 1,773 branches all over India and has its headquarters in Mumbai. As we know that linking Aadhar number with the bank account has become mandatory, people who have still not completed this process must do it immediately.
Dena Bank provides simple online and offline facilities for its customers to link their Aadhar numbers easily.
Steps to follow for offline linking
Photocopies, as well as originals of the Aadhar card and the Dena Bank passbook, are mandatory for offline linking. The customers need to carry these documents with them to the bank branch. A written application is also required along with the above-mentioned documents. The step by step process is as follows.
- The bank would provide an application form for Aadhar linking which must be duly filled by the customer. The form can also be downloaded from the official website of the bank https://denabank.com/
- The filled application form along with the other documents needs to be submitted with the bank executive.
- The bank executive would ask to see the original Aadhar card for verification.
- The lower portion of the application form would be returned to the customer.
- A confirmation message is sent to the customer’s mobile number on successful linking.
The customer can also check the status of their Aadhar linkage by visiting http://webserver1.denabank.co.in:7876/. In the webpage, one just needs to enter the account and Aadhar number to check whether or not his/her account has been linked with Aadhar.
Steps for online linking
The customer must have an internet banking account to avail ofthis facility. The steps are as follows.
- Log in using the user ID and password at https://www.denabank.com/
- Click on the “Link Aadhar Card” option.
- Fill in and confirm the 12 digit Aadhar number.
- Click the submit button.
A confirmation SMS would be received by the customer on successful linking.