Dena Bank is a nationalized bank in India and as per the inmformation available, the bank was founded in the year 1938. It was not a nationalized bank at that time but it was nationalized much later in time. As per the official records, Dena bank was nationalized in 1969. With time, the bank grew and it expanded across the country. Today, the bank has more than 1875 branches which serve the customers.
In September 2018, the finance minister of India decided to merge three banks. Dena Bank was one of the banks which was named to be merged. The three banks which were proposed to be merged include Dena Bank, Vijaya Bank and Bank of Baroda. The proposal is under consideration and we are expecting an update about this soon. Even after the update, it will take months to officially merge the service.
Dena Bank offers its internet banking service by way of ‘Denai Connect’, which is a convenient and secure online banking service that the bank offers for its customers of CBS (Core Banking Service) branches. With Denai Connect, you can access a range of banking transactions 24/7 from anywhere in the world. Among the features provided by Denai Connect are balance inquiry, statement of Accounts, tax payments, funds transfer, cheque-based enquiry, to name a few. Prior to registering for internet banking service online, you will have to get your mobile number registered with the bank
If you are presently a Dena Bank customer and if you are struggling with the net banking services for Dena Bank then you are at the right place as we have listed all the information about the Net Banking Facility for Dena Bank. Let us now have a look at all these details.
How to Register / Activate Dena Bank Net Banking
Dena Bank doesn’t allow the user to register online for the net banking services. It needs an offline application from you to activate the services. If you are willing to use the Net Banking services with Dena Bank then you can follow the steps below to register for Net Banking services.
- To begin with, you need to visit any branch for Dena Bank. This is the first step of the procedure and from the bank, obtain a form to apply for Dena Bank Internet Banking.
- Fill in the form completely and sign the form at the space provided at the bottom. Once that is done, submit the form and obtain the acknowledgment slip.
- Now, the net banking for you will be activated within 2 working days and you can create a password for yourself from the online portal.
Steps to Obtain Dena Bank Net Banking ID and Password
If you have submitted the application for activating the net banking then you will receive a couple of letters from the bank. The first letter would contain your user ID, the second letter would contain your login password and the third envelope will contain your transaction ID. If you have received all of them then you are good to go. If you haven’t received the password then you can follow the process listed below to get the password.
- Visit the Dena Bank Internet Banking Section. The link to the section is https://www.denabank.com/viewsection.jsp?lang=0&id=0,9,347 and in this section, click on Login to Internet Banking Application.
- You will be redirected to a new page. On this page, click on First Time Login. This will take you to a new page.
- Enter your User ID and also enter your Account Number. Click on continue. You will be asked certain validation questions after which you will be able to create a password for yourself.
- Once you have created the password, you will be able to login to the Internet Banking for Dena Bank.
It should be noted that if you are using the password that you received in envelop then you can go ahead and log in directly. You will be prompted to change the password as soon as you log in for the first time.
How to Change Dena Bank Net Banking Password /Forgot Password
If you forgot the password for Dena Bank net banking then you can easily reset the password. Follow the steps listed below to reset your password.
- Visit the Dena Bank iConnect Website by clicking here
- Once you are on the website, click on Forgot Password. The link is just below the login button.
- Click on continue button on the next screen and enter your User ID along with Account Number.
- Validate your identity by other personal details and OTP validation. Once that is done, you will be able to reset your password.
If you know your old password and if you would just like to change the password then you can go ahead and login to your account. Go to User Settings after logging in and you will find the option to change your password.
How to Change Dena Bank Net Banking Pin/ Forgot Pin
As per our knowledge, Dena Bank doesn’t let you change the PIN via Internet Banking. To change the PIN, you need to visit the ATM and change the PIN traditional way. If in case you forgot your PIN, you may call your bank and request a PIN reminder. They will send you a copy of the PIN via post which can be helpful in using the Debit Card.
How to Deactivate Dena Bank Net Banking
It is not possible to deactivate the net banking facility for Dena Bank all by yourself. You will need bank’s support to deactivate your net banking. The first way is to visit the bank and request for deactivation by submitting a written application. If this doesn’t work for you then you can go ahead and call the phone banking number and request for deactivation of the net banking facility.
The phone number for Dena Bank is 1800 233 6427 & 022- 6224 2424. You can use any of these numbers to deactivate the net banking facility. The executive on the line will deactivate the net banking after verifying your identity.