IDFC Bank was inaugurated on October 2015 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The bank initially had a total of 23 branches but has now reached the strength of 100 branches. As with every other bank, it is mandatory for account holders in IDFC Bank to get their Aadhar numbers linked to their accounts. Failure to comply with this rule would result in the account being frozen. IDFC Bank is offering both online and offline services for Aadhar linking to accounts.
Internet Method /Online Method
The account holders with net banking accounts need to log in using their usernames and passwords and follow the steps mentioned here.
- Click the “Service Request” tab and select the “Create Service Request” option.
- Click the “Aadhar Update” option.
- Enter the 12 digit Aadhar number and click the submit button.
The customers can also use the email method for Aadhar linking. For this, the customer just needs to send an email from his/her registered email ID to [email protected]. The body of the email must contain the name and customer ID of the person. The customer ID is present on the first page of the cheque book. A self-attested copy of the Aadhar card must also be attached to the email.
The customer would be informed about the status of the Aadhar linking request through SMS.
Branch route /Offline Method
The offline method of Aadhar linking with IDFC Bank account requires the customer to visit a branch of the bank. The customer must carry a self-attested photocopy of the Aadhar card to the bank. The various steps are as follows.
- Fill in the Aadhar linking application form provided by the bank.
- Submit the form and the photocopy of the Aadhar card.
- Hand over the original Aadhar card for verification. It would be returned after verification.
- Collect the receipt.
The bank verifies the Aadhar details of the customer and completes the linking process.