Kotak Mahindra Bank is a private sector bank running under the aegis of Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd. The bank was established in the year 2003 with headquarters in Mumbai. Currently, Kotak Mahindra Bank operates 1369 branches and 2163 ATMs in the country.
Account holders of Kotak Mahindra Bank can get their Aadhaar numbers linked to their accounts with online or offline method. Both the processes have been described here.
Steps for online linking
In order to link Aadhar through the online route, the customer must have a net banking account. These are the steps for online Aadhar linking.
- Open the net banking page. URL is https://www.kotak.com/j1001mp/netapp/MainPage.jsp
- Enter the Customer ID/Nickname/CRN and password. Click the log in button.
- A 6 digit dynamic access code is received on the registered mobile number and the email ID. Type this code on the new tab which appears on the screen and click on the Secure Login button.
- Select the Banking tab on the homepage after successful login.
- Click on the “Aadhar Seeding” option located at the bottom left part of the Banking page.
- On the new page, select the account type from the drop-down list and enter the 12 digit Aadhar number in the given field. Enter the Aadhar number again in the Confirm Aadhar Number field.
- Click on the submit button.
The process of Aadhar linking is completed by the bank within 7 days.
Steps for offline linking
The customer needs to visit the home branch for offline Aadhar linking. The various steps are as follows.
- Request for an Aadhar Seeding Form from any bank officer.
- Fill in all the details as asked in the form.
- Submit the completed form along with a photocopy of the Aadhar card at the counter.
- The original Aadhar card would be verified by the bank officer.
- The lower portion of the form would be given as a receipt.
The request is processed within 7 days and an SMS confirming successful Aadhar linking is sent to the customer’s registered mobile number.