Sponsored by State Bank of India (SBI) Malwa Gramin Bank is a Regional Rural Bank (RRB), established on 27th February 1986. The bank offers all services on par with other commercial banks. With a total of 89 branches across five districts of Punjab, the bank has 83 of its branches in rural areas, with 5 in semi-urban and 1 in urban area. Apart from offering basic banking transactions, internet, and mobile banking facility, the bank offers loans for agricultural and non-agricultural purposes.
Malwa Gramin Bank renders mobile banking service using the mobile banking application ‘Malwa-mBank’. Among the facilities available through this app are general banking transactions, fund transfer to own account and third-party account, NEFT, IMPS transfer facility, MMID, cheque operations and many other services.
To use the mobile banking facility of the bank, first, register your mobile number with the bank branch where you hold an account.
To register/activate mobile banking service
- Visit the bank website http://malwagraminbank.com/.
- Choose the ‘services’ tab and click on ‘mobile banking’.
- You will be transported to the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lcode.malwagb. Click on install button.
- The app will be downloaded on your mobile.
- You can also visit Google Play Store and search for ‘Malwa-mBank’ app and download it directly on to your mobile.
- Click on the app and choose ‘login’ option, if you already are using the bank’s internet banking facility. Feed in your registered mobile number and bank account number and click on ‘Proceed’ button.
- If you are a new user, you can click on the tab ‘New User’, and feed in the mobile number you wish to register with the bank. Then type your account number and click on ‘Proceed’ button.
- Follow the instructions therein and choose the MPIN with which you wish to continue using your mobile banking app in future.
- Thereafter, you can log in to your mobile banking service, using your User ID Account Number and MPIN.