Nainital Bank is a subsidiary of the Bank of Baroda which is owned by the Central Government. Nainital Bank has its headquarters in Nainital, Uttarakhand and operates in UP, Rajasthan, Haryana and Delhi besides Uttarakhand. The bank has a total of 135 branches spread across the above mentioned states.
The online and offline procedures of Aadhar linking for account holders of Nainital Bank have been described here.
Through net banking
Customers having internet banking facility for managing their accounts can use the online mode for Aadhar linking. The net banking method enables the account holders to complete the process easily using their personal computers. The customers are required to follow the below mentioned steps.
- Open the official website of Nainital Bank which is http://www.nainitalbank.co.in.
- Go to the “Services” tab on top of the homepage and click on the internet banking option from the list.
- Log in to the net banking account with the user ID and password.
- Select the “Registration of Aaadhar Number” option after logging in.
- Enter the Aadhar number in the field. Re-enter the number in the confirmation field.
- Click on the submit button.
The customer can check the status of Aadhar linking request by clicking on “Inquiry” after logging in to the net banking account.
The customer has to visit the home branch for offline linking of Aadhar number to the account. The required documents are the original and photocopy of the Aadhar card and the bank passbook. The process has been listed here.
- Get the Aadhar linking from the bank counter.
- Fill in the details correctly in the form.
- Give the completed form along with the photocopy of the Aadhar card to the concerned bank official.
- The bank official may ask to see the original Aadhar card for verification.
- A receipt would be given at the end of the process.
As soon as the Aadhar is linked to the bank account, a confirmation SMS is received by the account holder.