Oriental Bank of Commerce is a public sector bank which was established in the year 1943. The bank was nationalized in the year 1980. OBC has a total of 1092 branches all over the country.
Account holders of OBC can link their accounts with their Aadhar numbers by using either online or offline method.
Steps to link Aadhaar number online
The online Aadhaar linking facility is available on the official website of Oriental Bank of Commerce. The URL is https://www.obconline.co.in/. There are some easy steps that need to be followed after logging in to the online account using the user ID and password for completing the linking process.
- Click the “Menu” option on the homepage.
- Select the “Activity” option which comes under the “Menu”.
- Click the “Aadhaar Registration” option coming under the “Activity” option.
- Submit the operative account number to which Aadhaar is to be linked.
- Fill in the 12 digit Aadhaar number and confirm.
- Click the checkbox to give consent for verification of Aadhaar number.
- A message confirming the successful receipt of registration request is displayed on the screen.
Aadhaar number is linked with the account number after the bank successfully verifies the details of the customer. Thereafter, an email or SMS is sent to the customer.
Steps to link Aadhaar number offline
Customers of OBC who do not have net banking need to opt for the offline mode for which they have to visit a branch of OBC.
- The application form for Aadhaar linking can be downloaded from the bank’s website or obtained from the branch.
- Submit the duly filled form along with photocopies of Aadhaar card and passbook.
- The bank would verify the original documents and return them to the customer.
- The lower part of the form is given as a receipt.
A confirmation SMS or email is sent to the customer on successful linking.