OBC stands for Oriental Bank of Commerce and it is an Indian Bank which was established in 1943. The bank has completed 76 years of operations. You might be surprised to know that this bank was set up in present-day Pakistan. That is right, the bank was first incepted in Lahore but after the partition, the bank closed its branches in Pakistan. The headquarters of the bank shifted from Lahore to Amritsar. In addition to this, the bank has seen a challenging past because of many issues.
The bank had been through several rounds of Merger and Acquisitions and some of those deals had been really beneficial for the bank. We are not sure about the number of branches or ATM Machines that Oriental Bank of Commerce has today but we can assure you that the services offered by the bank are quite reliable. In this particular article, we are going to talk about the net banking services of the Oriental Bank of Commerce. Let us now dive deep into the topic and check out the details one by one.
Steps to Register / Activate Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) Net Banking
If you wish to register for the net banking for Oriental Bank of Commerce then you can submit an application to the bank’s branch but there is also an easy way. You can do it online and below is the procedure to register for the net banking with help of the online system
- Visit the website for Oriental Bank of Commerce and the URL of the website is www.obconline.co.in.
- On the left side of the page, you will see an option for Retail User login and click on this option to move ahead with registration. This will take you to the login page.
- Click on Register Now button on the login page and you will be routed to the registration page.
- Enter your account number, PAN Number, Date of Birth and type of facility. We would recommend you to opt for view and transaction facility.
- Click on verify button and you will now be routed to a new page. On this page, verify your Debit Card Number, Debit card PIN and once you validate these details, you will receive an OTP. Validate the OTP and you will be able to set the password. It should be noted that the read access will be activated immediately however, it might take 24 to 48 hours to activate the complete facilities on the account.
Steps to Obtain the Oriental Bank of Commerce ID and Password
You can use the procedure mentioned in the section above to create a Banking User ID and Password. We will not repeat those steps here. Instead, we are going to talk about the procedure to log in to your Oriental Bank of Commerce Bank account here.
- Once again, visit the Oriental Bank of Commerce Website using the link in the section above and click on Retail User login.
- Enter your User ID and click on Login Button. Now, you will be asked to enter your password. Enter the password and click on Login button. This will take you to the dashboard of your account
Remember that if you just created your account then the certain services might be unavailable for use.
How to Change Oriental Bank of Commerce Password /Forgot Password
If you forgot the password for Oriental Bank of Commerce then you can easily retrieve it using net banking. Here is the procedure to recover the forgotten password.
- To recover the password, visit the Oriental Bank of Commerce website and navigate yourself to the login page.
- On the login page, click on Forgot Password and on the next page, select reset password for Debit Card Holders.
- You will now be on the password reset page. Enter the information like User ID and Date of Birth to proceed. Once that is done, enter your debit card details, account number, and OTP
- After the validation is complete, you will be able to reset the password for your Oriental Bank of Commerce Net Banking.
How to Change Oriental Bank of Commerce Pin/ Forgot Pin
If you wish to generate the PIN for Oriental Bank of Commerce Debit Card then you need to use the OBC ATM for this. Swipe your card to the machine and select PIN Management. Then select the Green PIN and select OTP Generation. Once the OTP is sent to you, select OTP Validation and enter your OTP. You will be able to set a PIN after you validate the OTP for your debit card.
How to Deactivate Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) Net Banking
In order to deactivate the net banking for your Oriental Bank of Commerce Account, you need to call on the customer care number. The contact number for the Oriental Bank of Commerce Customer service is 0120 – 258 0001, 1800 180 1235 & 1800 102 1235. You can call on any of these numbers and get the net banking facility deactivated.
In addition to the phone banking, you can also visit any of the branches of Oriental Bank of Commerce and request the deactivation by submitting an application. We would recommend you to opt for phone banking to deactivate your account if you feel that your account has been compromised.