The Punjab Gramin Bank, is a bank established by the sponsorship from the Punjab National Bank, was established as a rural state bank in Punjab, a pioneering banking institution of India. The Punjab Gramin Bank has formed as a result of an amalgamation between three rural banks, those are, Kapurthala Firozpur Kshetriya Gramin Bank, Gurdaspur Amritsar Kshetriya Gramin Vikas Bank, and Shivalik Kshetriya Gramin Bank. The current headquarters of Punjab Gramin Bank is in Punjab.
The bank offers a wide variety of banking services and/or products some of which are deposition accounts, Mobile Banking, Insurance products, debit cards, ATMs, loans, Online Banking, etc., services.
Steps To Punjab Gramin Bank Activating Mobile Banking
You need to register yourself for Punjab Gramin Bank Mobile banking services, for that you can use one of the following options:
- The first option is that you can register for the service on the bank website, that is, pgbho.com Here you enter your account number and details of anyone transaction of the recent 5 transactions.
- Secondly, you can visit the nearby branch and register yourself for mobile banking. You will be asked to submit a few documents as ID proof for successful registration like the original introduction letter from the bank, PAN Card, Voter ID Card, Passport, Aadhar Card and many more.
- Thirdly, you can go to a nearby Punjab Gramin Bank ATM and apply for mobile banking services using your debit card.
Now here are the steps which will be helpful in successful activation of the account once you are registered for Mobile Banking.
Step 1: Download the PGB mBanking Mobile App from Google Play Store.
- Verify your mobile number through an OTP that will be sent to you the instant you feed your number for verification.
Step 2: The App will prompt a message for the login option. You can log in with MPIN and through internet banking credentials too.
- Login MPIN and you can set an MPIN of your choice.T he MPIN will be required for login into the mobile app every time you access it.
- As the second phase of verification, an OTP is generated as well for your mobile number and needs to be entered. A new OTP is generated every time you log in.
Step 3: Once you have set up the MPIN and entered the OTP, you can log in to the PGB mBanking app. Every time you open the app, you will be prompted to enter the MPIN for your account and the generated OTP to be able to use the mobile banking services provided by the app.
If you want to keep your account secure than change your MPIN on regular basis. For smooth functioning of mobile banking, you need to keep your current mobile number updated in bank records.