Punjab National Bank is a government owned corporation which was established in the year 1894. The bank operates 6937 branches and 10681 ATMs covering 764 cities. The bank offers both online and offline facility for its customers for Aadhar linking of their bank accounts. Customers of PNB having net banking accounts can use the online service while others can go in for the offline route. Details of both the methods have been detailed here.
Details of the online method
Online mode prevents the need to visit the bank branch. The customers can get their Aadhar numbers linked with their bank accounts by sitting in the confines of their homes by following the below mentioned steps.
- Visit the PNB net banking portal and log in using the user ID and password.
- Click the “Other Services” tab on the homepage and select the ‘Aadhar Registration” option under the tab.
- On clicking this option, a new page appears where the user needs to enter the account number and the 12 digit Aadhar number.
- Click on the “I Agree” box at the end of the terms and conditions followed by clicking the continue button.
- A new page displaying the successful submission message and the reference number appears.
The status of Aadhar linking is sent to the registered mobile number of the customer within 24-48 hours.
Details of the offline method
It is necessary to visit a branch of PNB for offline linking of Aadhar number with the bank account. The customer must carry the original and photocopy of both the Aadhar card and passbook. The steps are as follows.
- Get the application form for linking Aadhar from the counter.
- Fill in the form and attach a photocopy of the Aaadhar card with it. Submit the documents with the bank.
- Original Aadhar card may be required for verification.
- The lower part of the form is given to the customer as a receipt.
The bank verifies the Aadhar details of the applicant with the UIDAI and processes the application if the details match. A confirmation SMS is sent to the registered mobile number after the account is linked with Aadhar.