Punjab and Sind Bank is owned by the Government of India and is headquartered in New Delhi. The bank was established in the year 1908 and nationalized in the year 1980. Currently, Punjab and Sind Bank has 1466 branches all over India which includes 623 branches in Punjab.
Punjab and Sind bank provides simple Aadhar linking processes through both online and offline modes for its customers. The two modes have been mentioned here.
People seeking information about Aadhar number linking with Punjab and Sindh Bank accounts through the offline route must remember the following steps.
- Visit the branch of Punjab and Sind Bank and obtain the Aadhar Seeding Form from the counter.
- Complete the form by filling in all the details correctly.
- Take the original and a self-attested photocopy of the Aadhar card to the bank for submitting with the application form.
- The original Aadhar card is required for verification. It is returned to the customer after verification.
- The lower part of the application form is given to the customer.
A confirmation message is received on the registered mobile number of the customer once the Aadhar number is linked to the account.
The following steps constitute the online method of linking the Aadhar number with the bank account.
- Visit the official website of Punjab and Sind Bank psbindia.com
- Choose the internet banking option.
- Use the user ID and password to log in to the net banking account.
- Click the “Services” tab.
- Select the “Update Aadhar Number” which comes under the “Services” tab.
- Enter the 12 digit Aadhar number and confirm the same.
- Click the submit button to complete the process.
At the end of the process, the bank verifies the Aadhar details of the customer. Thereafter, the Aadhar number is linked to the account. The customer is notified by SMS.