SBI ATM Debit Card is a great tool to carry all your transactions. You do not have to worry about carrying cash with you and you can shop at any time with help of your SBI ATM Debit Card. The cards today are a lot more durable as they are now embedded with a chip instead of using a magnetic strip but there are times when the card gets damaged because of prolonged use. In such a case, it is best to replace the card and getting a replacement of a damaged SBI ATM Debit Card and if you are not aware of the procedure then do go through this article as we have listed the three ways of getting your SBI ATM Debit Card Replaced.
Replacing Card with SBI Online Banking
Here is how you can get the replacement of the damaged card through SBI Online Banking
- The first step of the process is to navigate to the SBI Online Banking. You can visit here: https://retail.onlinesbi.com/retail/login.htm to access the website.
- Once the website is displayed, you can simply go ahead and log in with your internet banking credentials to access the account.
- Now, click on e-Services Tab from the top menu bar and click on ATM Card Services from the Drop Down menu.
- A list of options will be displayed and you would need to click on Request ATM/Debit Card from the list. You will now get an option to validate the request with use of OTP or with use of Profile Password.
- Select the mode of validation and validate the request using the desired mode. If you select OTP then an OTP Request will be triggered and you can validate your request with the OTP Received on your registered mobile. Whereas, if you select the Profile Password then you can enter your profile password to validate the request.
- After validating the password, you will be prompted to enter the name of primary account holder along with the type of card you want. Select the correct and relevant options and click on submit button after accepting the terms and conditions.
- All the details will now be displayed on the next page, confirm the details and click on submit button to request a new debit card. You will receive the debit card within 7 working days from the date of request and the card will be mailed to your registered mailing address.
Replacing Card with SBI Mobile Banking
If you have an SBI mobile banking application installed then you can also get the replacement of the damaged SBI ATM Debit Card through the Mobile Banking application. Here is how you can do it.
- Initialize the application installed on your mobile phone and log in to the application with help of the login credentials.
- Now, navigate to the menu screen by clicking on the menu button on the top left corner of the screen.
- Once the options are displayed, click on Service Request and from the list of options, select Replace/Reissue Card.
- You can now select the card number you want to replace and click on submit button after making the selection. Your card will now be replaced and you will receive the same within 7 working days.
Replacing Card by Visiting SBI in Touch
If your account is KYC Compliant and if you are the single account holder of your SBI Account then you can get the replacement of your SBI Debit Card within two minutes. You would not have to wait for the delivery of the card either. The easiest way to get the card is by visiting the SBI in Touch Branch of SBI and here is how you can do it.
- The first step is to find the nearest SBI in Touch Branch and you can locate the nearest branch by visiting here: https://www.sbi.co.in/portal/web/personal-banking/sbiintouch.
- After visiting the branch you can approach one of the executives who could help you with the use of Debit Card Printing Kiosks.
- You would have to enter your account details and validate your account with the OTP and biometric details. Once that is done, you can select the services that you want.
- Select the service for getting the replacement of Debit Card and the Debit Card will then be printed in just about two minutes. You can then generate the pin of the debit card through various mediums available to the customers.
It should be noted that the SBI charges a fee of Rs 100 + GST for a card replacement ordered through SBI Online Banking or SBI mobile Banking. For the card replacements ordered through SBI in Touch Branch, the fee would be Rs 354. This fee is inclusive of GST.
If in case you have lost your card then you must block the card right away so that you do not lose any money. To block the card, you can call the customer care services of SBI.