The UCO Bank, formerly named as the United Commercial Bank, was established in 1943 by Ghanshyam Das Birla in Kolkata. Currently, UCO Bank is headed by Mr. Ravi Krishan Takkar as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Bank.
The current headquarters of UCO Bank is at Kolkata in West Bengal. The bank offers a wide variety of banking services and/or products some of which are deposition accounts, Mobile Banking, Insurance products, debit cards, ATMs, loans, Online Banking, etc., services.
Steps to Activate UCO Bank Mobile Banking
Once you have download UCO mobile application, namely, UCO mBanking on your mobile it asks for no access to the information that is stored on your SIM card or your Smartphone. Thus, using the mobile app is a safe and secure way of implementing bank transactions. If you Mobile is stolen then also your account is safe and secure, you can deactivate your PIN and request for a new PIN.
There are two ways by which you can download the mobile app: One is by giving the missed call to the toll-free number and secondly by downloading it through the play store.
You need to register yourself for UCO Mobile banking services, for that you can use one of the following options:
- The first option is that you can go to a nearby UCO bank ATM and apply for mobile banking services using your debit card.
- Secondly, you can visit the nearby branch and register yourself for mobile banking. You will be asked to submit a few documents as ID proof for successful registration like the original introduction letter from a bank, PAN Card, Voter ID Card, Passport, Aadhar Card and many more.
- Thirdly, you can register for the service on the bank website, that is, www.ucobank.com. Here you enter your account number and details of anyone transaction of the recent 5 transactions.
Now here are the steps which will be helpful for successful activation of the account once you are registered for Mobile Banking.
Step 1: Download mBanking Mobile App from Google Play Store. Visit https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lcode.ucombank&hl=en
- Verify your mobile number through an OTP that will be sent to you the instant you feed your number for verification.
Step 2: The App will prompt a message for the login option. You can log in with MPIN and through internet banking credentials too.
- Login MPIN and you can set an MPIN of your choice. The MPIN will be required to login into the mobile app every time you access it.
- As the second phase of verification, an OTP is generated as well for your mobile number and needs to be entered. A new OTP is generated every time you log in.
Step 3: Once you have set up the MPIN and entered the OTP, you can log in to the mbanking app. Every time you open the app, you will be prompted to enter the MPIN for your account and the generated OTP to be able to use the mobile banking services provided by the app.
If you want to keep your account secure than change your MPIN on a regular basis. For smooth functioning of mobile banking, you need to keep your current mobile number updated in bank records.