The Union Bank of India, one of the largest government-owned banks in India, was established on 11 November 1919 in Mumbai and was inaugurated by Mahatma Gandhi. Currently, Union Bank of India is headed by Sri Rajkiran Rai G., as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Bank. The current headquarters of Union Bank of India is in Mumbai in Maharashtra.
Activating Mobile Banking
You need to register yourself for Union Bank of India Mobile banking services, for that you can use one of the following options:
- First option is that you can register for the service on the bank website, that is, www.unionbankofindia.co.in Here you enter your account number and details of anyone transaction of the recent 5 transactions.
- Secondly, you can visit the nearby branch and register yourself for mobile banking. You will be asked to submit a few documents as ID proof for successful registration like the original introduction letter from a bank, PAN Card, Voter ID Card, Passport, Aadhar Card and many more.
- Thirdly, you can go to a nearby Union Bank of India ATM and apply for mobile banking services using your debit card.
Now here are the steps which will be helpful for successful activation of the account once you are registered for Mobile Banking.
Step 1: Download U-Mobile Mobile App from Google Play Store.Click on link :https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unionbank.ecommerce.mobile.android&hl=en
- Verify your mobile number through an OTP that will be sent to you the instant you feed your number for verification.
Step 2: The App will prompt a message for login option.You can log in with MPIN and through internet banking credentials too.
- Login MPIN and you can set an MPIN of your choice.The MPIN will be required to login into the mobile app every time you access it.
- As the second phase of verification, an OTP is generated as well for your mobile number and needs to be entered. A new OTP is generated every time you log in.
Step 3: Once you have set up the MPIN and entered the OTP, you can log in to the U-Mobile app. Every time you open the app, you will be prompted to enter the MPIN for your account and the generated OTP to be able to use the mobile banking services provided by the app.
If you want to keep your account secure than change your MPIN on regular basis. For smooth functioning of mobile banking, you need to keep your current mobile number updated in bank records.