United Bank of India (UBI) was founded in the year 1950 and the headquarters are located at Kolkata. It has a total of 36 regional offices and 2054 branches that are spread all over the country. Aadhaar card is the unique Identification number provided by the Government of India for its citizens. It needs to be merged with the Bank accounts so that it can provide better services to the citizens of India.
Below are the steps on how to link Aadhaar number to the bank account both offline and online methods.
The online linking process of Aadhaar number
Below are the steps on how to link the Aadhaar number to the bank account using the internet:
- Visit the bank website and get registered. Here is the URL link for doing it online https://ubionline.unitedbank.co.in/aadhaar/
- If already registered then login using the username and enter the credentials like Aadhaar Number, Name as per Aadhaar card, email ID, and phone number.
- Submit these details and wait for confirmation.
- After the successful verification of the details, the Aadhaar will be linked to the bank account and the individual will get the notification regarding this via Email or SMS. Here is the URL for checking the status online https://ubionline.unitedbank.co.in/aadhaar/user_login.html
Offline linking process of Aadhaar number
The below are the steps for linking Aadhar number to the bank account using the services of the bank:
- Individual need to carry the original and photocopy of the Aadhaar card and bank passbook and visit the nearest branch.
- They need to fill the form for linking them and submit the required documents to the respective officer who is present in the bank.
- After the verification of the details, the individual will be given a slip as an acknowledgment.
After few days they will get a confirmation saying that there Aadhaar and bank account is successfully linked via SMS or Email.