The Bank of Maharashtra was started in 1935. It is one of the major public sector banks with a customer base of over 15 million spread across all parts of India. There are more than 1897 branches. In June 2017, the government of India made it mandatory to link the Aadhar number which was provided by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) to your bank account.
on or before March 2018 for hassle-free operations. The Bank of Maharashtra has made the process of seeding your aadhar number to the bank account simple.
Linking Aadhar card to a bank account online
There are three ways to which you can link the aadhar card to your bank account at Bank of Maharashtra online, without having to visit the ban or its branches the three ways are:
Linking through ATM
- Swipe y our debit/ATM card
- Click on ”services” option in the menu
- Click on the Aadhar seeding option
- Enter the 12 digit Aadhar number twice in the space provided and click the confirm button
- The successful request report will emerge
Linking through SMS
This facility can be availed only if your mobile number has been registered with the bank. You just have to type SEED<the 12 digit Aadhar number><Bank account number>and SMS the same to 9223181818 from the mobile number that has been registered with the bank.
Linking through Net Banking
- Visit https://www.mahaconnect.in/InternetBanking/ib/login.jsf?It=R
- Log in to your account using the user ID and password
- Click on the “Aadhar seeding “ option in the “ Requests” section
- Enter the 12 digit Aadhar number twice and click on the submit request key.
On completion of the procedures successfully, you will get a confirmation message on your mobile phone within two days.
Linking Aadhar Offline
- Visit the Bank of Maharashtra Branch in which you have your account
- Fill the Aadhar seeding form
- Submit the seeding form along with self- attested copy of your bank passbook as well as a copy of your aadhar card.
- You might also have to present the original Aadhar to the bank official for verification if he asks for it.
- Then you will be provided with a receipt .
The linking process will be done within 2 working days and you will receive the confirmation SMS on your registered mobile number.