In a survey conducted by Trans Union Cibil, it was found that credit card usage was on the rise in urban areas of the country. As per the survey which was conducted in over 1088 urban homes indicated that over 19% participants said that they were likely to get a credit card in the near future.
In another survey by Trans Union Cibil , conducted in 2017, it was found that over 78% Indian paid their monthly credit card bills fully, leading to a low delinquency rate. The survey was compiled using data from eight metro cities.Credit cards, apart from allowing convenient payments, enable people to take loans on easy EMIs which don’t burn a hole in their pocket.
Banks like ICICI not only offer a credit card with convenient payback schemes but also provide a host of incentives like cash backs and rewards which increases the scope of credit card usage.
For those who have applied for a credit card can track their application online to know when they can avail its various benefits.
About the bank
The Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India (ICICI Ltd) was established in 1994 and has gone on to become the country’s biggest private bank. The bank currently has over 4,850 branches and 14,000 ATMs across India.
How to apply
If you’re an ICICI Bank client then you can apply for a credit card in two ways:
- By applying for a credit card online
- By contacting an ICICI Bank executive
An added advantage for ICICI clients is that they can also avail a personal loan of up to Rs 10 lakh and with a flexible tenure of up to 60 months against their credit card.
How to track a credit card application online
If you’re an ICICI Bank’s account holder and have applied for a credit card then you can track via various ways. Some of them are as follows:
a) Via net banking
- All registered users of ICICI Bank have the facility of keeping track of the credit card application online by logging on https://loan.icicibank.com/asset-portal/my-applications-login.
- One has two option here, in the first option one can enter their application number, mobile and date of birth and then find out the details.
- In the second option, one can find out about the status of the application by entering the mobile number, date of birth and an OTP.
- The bank would send the OTP within 5 minutes. A client can request the OTP to be sent again.
b) Via online form
ICICI Bank clients have the option of tracking their credit card application through an online form as well.
- For starters, one has to log in at https://infinity.icicibank.co.in/web/nacweb/testsNacs.jsp and then fill in details required in the form.
- With the form, one can track any application by them in the last 60 days.
c) Via Phone banking
One can track any application older than 60 minutes from anywhere by calling up the bank’s customer care using the helpline 1800 200 3344 between 9 am and 6 pm.
- The bank also offers special helplines for different states and Union Territories, a list of which can be found at https://www.icicibank.com/customer-care.page?.