The SBI is a multinational, public sector banking. The major shareholder is the Government. The SBI was started about 200 years back. In 2017, SBI merged with five of its associate Banks and has become a bank with a large network of branches. The headquarters is at Mumbai. The SBI is now the largest bank that features in the top 50 banks in the World.
The SBI has about 18,354 branches and it is also involved in overseas operations.
There are a number of credit cards that are offered by SBI. But, the different types of cards that are issued by the SBI to make it easy for you to choose the right credit card for you based on your lifestyle as well as the spending pattern and for which items that you will be requiring credit facilities
The types of credit cards
The types of credit cards that are offered by SBI are
- SBI Card Elite
- SBI Prime Card
- SBI Signature Card
- SBI simply save card
- SBI Advantage Platinum Card
- Simply click SBI card
- Air India SBI Signature card
- Air India SBI Platinum card
And many more. The eligibility criteria for the different cards are quite different and it is set by the bank. Once you apply for the credit card, the bank initiates the process to allot SBI Credit Cards. However, when you will receive the credit card will actually vary and will take a minimum period of 2 days. But if you do not receive your credit card for a long time, you can check the status of the credit card online or offline
Checking the status offline
You can check the status of the credit card application by the offline method when you cannot access the Internet. The bank official in charge will let you know the status if you give him the application reference number and account number.
SBI Credit Card Application Status Track Online
You can check the status of the credit card application online by following the simple steps
- Visit the official website of the bank which is https://www.sbicard.com
- Click on the “credit card” option you will find on the menu.
- This will lead you to the official credit card page of the SBI.
- On scrolling, you will see the “Track Application” link. Choose it.
- This will take you to the official tracking page. You may even reach the page using the shortcut by accessing the page using https://www.sbicard.com/en/eapply.page.
- Now enter the application/reference number and the other details and click the track status button.
- You will get the status on your screen.
- You may also use your phone for the above procedure.
Once you know the status of your card, you will be able to calculate when approximately you will receive the credit card. If the credit card processing has been stopped due to want of records, you can take up the remedial action by supplying the records.
If you have any doubts you may even call the number 39020202 (Prefix local STD code), 1800 180 1290 (toll free) or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.