Corporation Bank has its headquarters in Mangalore in the state of Karnataka. The bank has about 2440 automated CBS branches and 3040 ATMs all over the country. People having accounts in this bank need to link their Aadhar numbers with their accounts to prevent deactivation.
One can use either the online or offline method for linking the Aadhar number with the bank account.
Customers first of all need to log in to their Corporation Bank internet banking account through their user IDs and passwords. The URL is https://www.corpretail.com/RetailBank/. Thereafter, they need to follow the below mentioned steps.
- “Service Request” option must be clicked.
- “Aadhar Linking with bank account” option needs to be selected.
- The 12 digit Aadhar number must be entered correctly followed by verification.
- The submit button must be clicked in the end to complete the process.
It would take some days to link the Aadhar number with the customer’s bank account. An SMS would be received by the customer on his/her registered mobile number on confirmation of successful linking.
In this method, the customer is required to visit the branch of the bank where the account is in operation. The customer needs to carry self attested photocopies of the Aadhar Card and the passbook along with their originals. The steps to be followed in the bank are as follows.
- The application form provided by the bank must be duly filled without leaving out any detail.
- This form needs to be submitted with the bank along with the photocopies of the Aadhar card and passbook.
- The original Aadhar card is required for verification. The original Aadhar card is returned after verification.
- The banking clerk would give the lower half of the application form to the customer as a receipt of successful submission.
On completion of the linking process, an SMS or email would be sent to the customer.