As you know that PF stands for Provident Fund and this is one of the most important modes of investments for the salaried class in India. The employee, as well as the employer, contribute to the Provident Fund and everything is maintained by the Employee Provident Fund Organization.
There was a time when everything was done manually and people were only provided with the EPF statement once in a year. This not only discouraged a lot of people to make investments in EPF but it also made it difficult to track the investments. Today, everything has been made available online and you can perform almost any operation online.
EPFO India has a separate portal which it uses to provide the services to the employee as well as the employer. With help of the portal, you can check the balance of your PF in real time. In addition to this, you can also transfer and withdraw the EPF Online. There is no need to submit those lengthy forms to transfer or withdraw EPF from your account. All these factors have encouraged people to invest more in EPF and there is a lot of voluntary contribution as well.
If you wish to track the investments in your PF account then you are surely in the right place as we have listed the exact procedure to check the Balance in the EPF Account in this article. You can check out the details below and you will get the idea about the pre-requisites and the procedure to check the balance in the EPF Account. So, here are the details.
Pre-Requisites to Check PF Account Balance
To check the PF Balance Online, you must,
- Have your UAN Number Activated? If the UAN Number is not active, you can click here to Activate the UAN
- Know the UAN Number and the Password to your Online Account (Only Required for Checking Online)
- Have the Mobile Number Linked to your PF Account (Required for Checking Balance via SMS and Call)
Steps to Check PF Account Balance Online
Here is the process to check the PF Account Balance Online
- Visit the EPF India Website at https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php.
- On the homepage of the website, click on Our Services and Select For Employees. Scroll down on the page and click on Member Passbook from the bottom of the page. If you are not able to locate the link then visit the page directly with help of the link https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp
- Here, enter your UAN and Login Password to login to your account and check the balance. You will be taken to your account page after logging in.
- On the left side of the screen, select the Member ID for which you wish to check the balance for. Wait for a few seconds and the PDF version of the account statement will be displayed on your screen.
- Scroll down on the PDF Sheet and you will be able to see the sum of Employee Share, Employer Share, and Pension Contribution. You can now sum up the three amounts to get the total PF Balance.
You May Like To Read => Bank of India (BOI) Balance Enquiry
Steps to Check PF Account Balance via SMS
Just like banks, EPF has started offering the facility to check the EPF Balance with help of the SMS. To check the balance using the SMS, you just need to send an SMS on 77382 99899 and the content in this SMS should be EPFOHO <UAN Number>.
Once the message is delivered, you will receive a reply for the number with the details of the balance in your account.
Steps to Check PF Account Balance via Missed Call
It is also very simple to check the balance in your PF Account using the Missed Call Service. To check the balance, just pick up your phone and give a call on 011 2290 1406. The call will be disconnected after a ring and you will receive the balance details in just a couple of minutes via SMS.
This was the complete procedure to check the EPF Balance and in case of a query, you can get in touch with EPFO by dialing 1800 118 005 during the office hours. The officers will surely help you in answering your queries.