Indian Bank was established in the year 1907 and is one of the oldest banks in India. This is a public sector bank with 2682 branches all over the country. It also has overseas branches in Singapore and Colombo. The company is currently headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Indian Bank is providing only offline Aadhar linking service for the customers. There is no online, ATM or SMS facility for Aadhar linking for account holders in Indian Bank.
How to link Aadhar number with account offline?
The customer is required to visit the home branch of Indian Bank where he/she has the account. A copy and original of both the Aadhar card and the passbook must be carried to the branch.
- The customer needs to write an application form for Aadhar seeding with the bank account. The branch may also provide the customer with an Aadhar Seeding Form.
- The filled application form or the written application needs to be submitted with the concerned bank official along with the photocopies of the Aadhar card and the passbook.
- Bank would ask for the original documents for verification. They are returned to the customer after completion of verification.
- The lower portion of the application form is given to the customer to act as a receipt.
The Aadhar number is linked with the bank account within a short period of time. An SMS is sent to the customer’s registered mobile number on successful completion of the process.
The customers can check the status of their Aadhar authentication by visiting the link https://apps.indianbank.in/ekyc_otp/ and following the below-mentioned steps.
- Enter the account number and the registered mobile number.
- An OTP would be received on the mobile phone which needs to be entered followed by clicking the “Validate” button.
- The Aadhar number would be displayed.
- Enter another OTP sent to the mobile number and click “Validate” button.
A successful status message is displayed if authentication is successful.