The cheque payments are such a trouble-free affair and can be used by anyone having a bank account. It is also the only private bank to be appointed as the Reserve Bank of India’s agent in banking business. J&K Bank offers such services to its esteemed customers.
So here are steps which will be helpful in raising a Cheque Book Requests.
How to apply for cheque book offline
- The Jammu and Kashmir Bank issues, cheque book to all its clients when their account is opened.
- For a new cheque book, a customer can request one either through phone banking or by visiting his or her home branch.
- For phone banking, one can dial the bank’s toll-free helpline 1800 1800 234 and request a new cheque book. The bank charges a small fee for the service.
Visit the branch
- For the other option, a person would have to visit the bank’s branch and fill a form to request a new cheque book. The cheque book would be delivered at the client’s registered address within a few days.
How to apply for a cheque book online
- If you’re too busy to call up the customer care or visit the bank, one can always request a new cheque book online. Here too, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank offers one two options, internet banking and mobile banking.
- A thing to note here is that to avail both the facilities one needs to be a registered user of internet banking and mobile banking.
- For internet banking, one would have to log in with a password and a username on the bank’s website https://www.jkbankonline.com/. Once logged in, a person can easily request a new cheque book which would be delivered at the registered address within a few days.
- For mobile banking, one can request a new cheque book simply by downloading the bank’s app on a smartphone and logging in.