Established on 30th June 2009, following the consolidation of the two RRBs (Regional Rural Banks) namely the JRB and the KRB, as per the Government of India Notification dated 30th June 2009, the Jammu and Kashmir Grameen Bank (JKGB) bank operates across 11 districts, apart from some parts of Srinagar and Ganderbal of the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
The network of the bank comprises six regional offices and 217 branches. The Jammu and Kashmir Grameen Bank offers products and services like deposits, loans, debit cards, credit cards, current accounts, and savings accounts. The bank also offers other services too to make financial dealings easy and convenient. The main objective of the bank is to improve the economy of semi-urban, rural and urban centers.
To Activate Jammu and Kashmir Grameen Bank Mobile Banking
- Visit the bank website https://www.jkgb.in/.
- Click on the icon tab ‘Forms’. You will see application forms for various transactions of the bank (https://www.jkgb.in/forms.aspx).
- Click on the option ‘Mobile Banking Registration Form’ and download it. Or, click the link https://www.jkgb.in/adminpanel/files/121201888191259.pdf.
- The application form for ‘J&K Grameen Bank SMS/Mobile Banking Service’ can be filled up with requisite details such as mobile number, account number etc.
- You will have to sign the mobile banking services mandate provided therein and submit the application form with requisite details to the branch where you hold the account and request them to activate mobile banking services.
- The bank will notify you of user id and MPIN, to activate your mobile banking service.