Jammu and Kashmir Bank is owned by the Government of India and is headquartered in Srinagar, J&K. The bank was founded in the year 1938. Currently, the bank has 865 branches and 1126 ATMs all over the country. Jammu and Kashmir Bank is providing both online as well as offline facilities for Aadhaar linking with the accounts.
Net banking method
In order to avail the online service, the customer must possess a net banking account. Customers without net banking accounts can get themselves registered for net banking and proceed with the online linking process. The instructions for online registration for Aadhar linking in J&K Bank have been detailed here.
- Open the official website of the bank https://www.jkbank.com/ and log in using the user ID and password.
- Click on the “Registration of Aadhar Number” link present on the homepage.
- Type and confirm the 12 digit Aadhar number in the given fields.
- Verify the number.
- Click the submit button to complete the process.
Download and take a print out of the Aadhar linking form from the bank’s website. The form can also be obtained from the bank counter. Fill the form and visit a branch of the bank. Take a photocopy of the Aadhar card along with the original.
- Submit the duly filled form along with the photocopy of the Aadhar card.
- The bank would ask for the original Aadhar card for verification. The same would be returned after verification.
- The lower portion of the application form would be given to the customer. This acts as the receipt.
The bank verifies the Aadhar details with the UIDAI before linking the account with the Aadhar number. The customer receives a confirmation SMS when the linking process is successfully completed. In case no confirmation message is received by the customer, he/she can visit the bank branch for further inquiry.