Indian Overseas Bank has its headquarters in Chennai. There are about 2600 and more branches of IOB offering core banking services. IOB has a well-organized in-house information technology department and it is offering the best banking services to all sectors of people.
There are different types of savings account targeted at different types of potential customers. Each type, however, has a clear list of eligibility criteria. However, the different types include
- Regular savings account
- Gold I Savings account- directed towards professionals and high net worth customers
- Gold II Savings Account- meant for professionals and high net worth individuals with a number of concessions and features.
- Savings Bank Silver I account-
- Savings Bank Silver II account
- Students saving account
- Corporate salary accounts
- IOB Little Star Account
- IOB small account
How To Open Indian Overseas Bank Account Online & Eligibility
Any resident individual who has attained the age of 18 with the KYC documents such as ID proof and address proof are eligible to open an account. However the eligibility criteria and the rules to abide by differs for each type of account.
You can open an account easily online.
- Visit the website iobnet.co.in
- You will be directed to the home page
- You will find a list of rules and regulations
- Towards your right, you will find the Register for account opening link
- Click on it
- You will download the account opening form for registration. Fill all the details. Columns that are marked with an asterisk are mandatory to be filled.
- Fill the details
- Click on the tick mark on I agree with the conditions
- Now you can view the “Registration Successful “message on the screen. There will also be a registration Note the number carefully for future reference.
- Now you can take a print out of the application.
How To Close Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Account Online
You cannot close the Indian Overseas Bank online. But, you can close the account by visiting the branch. You should fill up the closure form and you can get the amount in your account transferred into another bank account which you want. You will have to deposit the cheque book with the check leaves that are unused and the ATM card when you close the account.