Oriental Bank of Commerce is one of the main public sector banks in India. It was established on 19th February 1943 in Lahore (currently in Pakistan).Currently it has more than 2000 branches all over India.There are 30,000 employees working with Oriental Bank of Commerce. The headquarter is situated in Gurgaon,India.
There are many facilities provided by the bank. Cheque book is one of them. A cheque is used to withdraw money from a Bank Account to others.
You can apply, cheque book via online as well as offline method.But one thing you need to keep in mind is that you should provide the correct address details whole creating an account.The processes are described below-
Apply for a Cheque Book
There are basically two ways-
- Customers can request a cheque book for savings,current,Cash, Credit accounts via online or Internet Banking. For that,they need to have an Internet Banking Account in Oriental Bank of Commerce in order to request Cheque Book.
- Internet Banking is also called as Mobile Banking and it is a very easy process.Anyone can use this service for quicker transactions without visiting branch offices.
- Visit https://www.obcindia.co.in/obcnew/site/index.aspx
- After registering on internet banking,just login to your account using your login id and password. Then go to request option.
- Under this tab,look for a Cheque Book request option. Then select the account number and confirm it.You will receive your cheque book on your doorstep.
- You can also request cheque book via offline method. All you have to do is to visit the nearest branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce.
- There you need to contact relationship manager. After that they will provide you a form. Just fill up the form carefully and sign it. After submitting the form,you will receive a confirmation SMS in your registered mobile number.
- Upon successful confirmation,you will receive your cheque book at your registered address. Also you can call their toll free number 1800-180-1235 and provide your account details to the customer care executive and they will confirm your cheque book request.