State Bank of India (SBI) is a government owned corporation, public sector bank and services company. With its headquarter in Mumbai, Maharashtra. SBI became one of the 50 largest bank in world after it merged with five of its associate banks (State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Patiala, State Bank of Hyderabad and State Bank of Travancore), and with the Bharatiya Mahila Bank making it the largest banking consolidation in India.
The bank was a wide network of 24,000 branches, 59,000 ATMs, 420 million customers, 278,000 employees and balance sheet size of ₹33 trillion.
SBI is oldest commercial bank of Indian subcontinent as prior to SBI, the bank was Bank of Calcutta which was founded in 1806 through Imperial bank of India. The Imperial bank was owned by the government of India in 1955 with 60% stake owned by Reserve Bank of India. The bank was then renamed as State Bank of india. In 2008 the government of India took over the 60% stake of Reserve Bank of india.
The bank also offers online services to its customer to complete to avail banking services from the comfort of their home through their website https://www.onlinesbi.com/
To Successfully Activate State Bank of India Mobile Banking Follow the Below Simple Steps For Easy Banking Options on Your Mobile:
- From your registered mobile number SMS MBSREG to 9223440000
- You will receive a Default MPIN, User ID and link to download the application.
- You can download the State Bank Freedom application from the link if you have a JAVA powered phone.
- If you have a smartphone phone, you can download the State Bank Freedom application from respective app store. Link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sbi.SBIFreedomPlus&hl=en
- You can change your default MPIN through the bank application/WAP/SMS or preferred mode of application.
- Through the options given below you can successfully and instantly complete the application registration process:
Option 1: Enter your credentials and login to your Internet Banking Service. From the e-service tab on the top, click on State Bank Freedom and follow the process as indicated.
Option 2: By visiting any nearby State bank of India ATM, activate it using your ATM-cum-Debit card.
- On the ATM screen, select the option ‘Mobile Registration’
- Select ‘Mobile Banking Registration’
- Now enter your 10 digit registered mobile number
- OPTION 3: For immediate activation of mobile banking you can fill out the registration form and submit it to the home branch (where you have opened your account).