Union Bank of India is listed in the Forbes 2000 and has assets worth USD 13.45 billion. There are around 6909 ATMs and 4214 branches for the bank. It also has four overseas branches in Hong Kong, Antwerp, Sydney and Dubai. The vision of Union Bank of India (UBI) is to make them as the first choice where they operate and have lasting relationships with customers.
Aadhaar a 12 digit number provided by the Unique Identification Authority of India. This is identification as well as address proof. This article will tell the individuals how to link Aadhar number to the bank account both offline and online.
Offline linking of the Aadhaar number
For this purpose the individual need to visit the nearest branch of Union Bank of India and follow the below steps:
- Carry the original and photocopy of Aadhaar card and bank passbook.
- Collect the form that the individual has to fill and submit to the respective officer to link their Aadhar card.
- All the documents are thoroughly verified and the applicants receive the lower half of the application as an acknowledgment.
- After the completion of the linking the applicants receive the notification on their email or mobile phone.
Online linking of the Aadhaar number
For this purpose the applicants need to visit the bank website and follow the below steps:
- Applicants need to visit the website of the bank and register on the website. Here the URL Link https://eremit.unionbankofindia.co.in/linkaadhaar/GUIs/unionaadhaar.aspx
- If already registered they need to login and enter the 15 digit Account Number that is in the passbook.
- Then they are expected to provide Aadhaar number, name as mentioned on the card, mobile number, email ID and click on submit.
Linking will be done once the documents are verified and the applicants will receive a notification that the linking is done. Here is the URL for checking status https://eremit.unionbankofindia.co.in/linkaadhaar/GUIs/aadhaarstatus.aspx