Axis Bank, founded in the year 1993, is the third largest private sector bank in India. The bank is headquartered in Mumbai. Axis Bank has a network of 3304 branches and 14,003 ATMs all over the country. The bank also operates nine international offices.
Axis Bank has made funds transfer to inter and intra bank accounts simpler through NEFT/RTGS/IMPS modes.
- National Electronic Funds Transfer is ideal for transferring both small and big funds online to accounts in the same or other banks. There is no limit to the amount that can be transferred by NEFT.
- Axis Bank NEFT transaction timings are between 8am and 7pm from Monday to Saturday. NEFT work is closed on second and fourth Saturday, Sunday and national holidays.
- NEFT transactions are processed on the same day if initiated before the cutoff time.
- NEFT Charges for Axis Bank are as follows.
Upto Rs 10,000- Rs 2.50
Upto Rs 1 lakh- Rs 5
More than 1 lakh but less than Rs 2 lakh- Rs 15
Rs 2 lakh and above- Rs 25
- The Real Time Gross Settlement is a fund transfer mode between banks, which takes place on a real time basis. The transaction happens immediately.
- The Minimum amount for RTGS is Rs 2 lakh.
- RTGS timings are between 9am and 4:30pm on weekdays and 9am and 2pm on Saturdays.
- Charges vary between Rs 30 and 55.
- The Immediate Payment Service is available 24*7 irrespective of holidays and weekends. This is an electronic funds transfer service through registered mobile number and Mobile Money Identifier.
- For Inward IMPS charges are nil but for outward Upto Rs.1000 – Free Rs.1000 – Rs. 1 Lakh – Rs.5/- per transaction Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 2 lakhs – Rs.15/- per transaction.