The IDFC bank is one of the most popular banks of India. This bank provides all its customers holding an account in a bank with ATM-Cum-Debit Card. An ATM card is used for various important purposes like withdrawing money with the use of ATM machine and performing others offline and online transactions. An ATM card enables us to perform quick and easy transactions. Debit cards provide great flexibility to do instant payment to customers from their accounts to view and control their use. IDFC bank offers the following services-
- This bank offers customers one view of all his or her linked debit cards.
- The bank permanently blocks the card of customers, in case they have lost their card and also accepts the request for replacement.
- The bank temporarily blocks the card of the customer, if he or she has misplaced his or her card.
- The bank unblocks the temporarily blocked card of the customer, once he or she finds it.
- The bank sets daily withdrawal and purchases limits of customer both domestic and international preset limits.
Commonly we keep our ATM card in a wallet or purse. In the case when you have lost your purse or wallet or it has been stolen, you at once need to block your ATM card. In such a situation, blocking an ATM card is essential so that no one can make misuse of it or unauthorized access to your account.
When to Block IDFC Bank ATM Debit Card?
There may occur various situations in which you need to block your ATM card. Here are some of the circumstances where you need to block your ATM card-
- Lost/ Misplaced ATM Card
- Stolen ATM Card
- Other Reasons
3 Steps To Block IDFC Bank ATM Debit Card?
There are three methods of blocking IDFC ATM Cards-
- Blocking IDFC ATM Card by Calling on Customer Care Number
- Blocking IDFC ATM Card Via E-mail
- Blocking IDFC ATM Card by Visiting IDFC Bank Branch
Blocking IDFC ATM Card By Calling on Customer Care Number-
- Anyone can block his or her IDFC ATM Cum Debit Card just by calling at IDFC customer care helpline. The toll-free number of IDFC bank is 1800-419-4332. Once the ATM Card is blocked, no one will be to perform transactions using the ATM card.
Blocking IDFC ATM Card via E-mail
- One can also contact the customer care helpline of IDFC bank for blocking the ATM Cum Debit Card via e-mail. It will enable a customer to block his or her ATM Cum Debit Card instantly. The e-mail address of the IDFC customer care helpline is email@example.com.
Blocking IDFC ATM Card by Visiting IDFC Bank Branch
- A customer can also block his or her IDFC ATM Cum Debit card just by visiting the home branch of IDFC. It should be noted carefully that once ATM Cum Debit card has been blocked, no one can perform any monetary transaction through it. Thus, if your ATM card has been only misplaced, it is better to block the same temporarily.