Over the years, financial data has suggested that more and more Indians are using debit card, giving its host of benefits which include convenience and acceptance world wide. Over the past few years, there has been a steady rise in cyber crimes and frauds.
The easy availability of debit cards, e-wallets and flourishing digital payments companies are pushing India towards the cashless mode but cyber crimes are worrying obstacles.
Realizing the seriousness of the situations, Catholic Syrian Bank allows its clients to block their debit cards if they lose, misplace or damage it or of they notice that certain unauthorized transactions are being made with the debit card.
How to block a debit card
If you are sure that you have lost, misplaced or damaged your debit card or if one notices that any unauthorized transaction is being made from the card, then it’s best that it is hot-listed. The Catholic Syrian Bank offers its clients three ways to block a debit card, these are as follows:
Via Phone banking
One can hot-list a debit card by calling up Catholic Syrian Bank’s customer care at 0484 – 6451631, 2368032.
- The caller would be greeted by a phone-banking executive, who would first verify the identity of the caller by asking for a few details like date of birth, address and account number.
- Once the verification is complete, the executive confirms if the caller wants to hot-list the debit card and then blocks the card.
- The bank executive then explains the process of requesting a new debit card to the caller.
- Via Mail: If one has lost their debit card then can also drop a mail to the bank at [email protected].
- Visit the bank: Clients of Catholic Syrian Bank can also block their debit card by personally visiting their debit card. In case of any query, the client can consult the bank’s staff for help.
- Via net banking: Another option that people have while blocking their Catholic Syrian Bank is via net banking. Here’s what you need to do when you try to block your card using the net banking service:
- The first thing that one needs to take care of before proceeding is to ensure that they’re registered for the facility.
- Next, scroll down the menu and choose the option for hot-listing a debit card.
How to unblock a debit card: There are many times when people forget their ATM PIN or accidentally enter the wrong password thrice in a row, thereby blocking their debit card. To unblock the card, one can use any of the following options:
- Visit the Catholic Syrian Bank’s net banking facility http://www.csb.co.in/net-banking and choose the ‘Forgot the Password’ option.
- The website would be redirected to page, where the user would be guided through the entire process.
For getting information and guidance about the process of unblocking a debit card, one can call up at bank’s dedicated and toll-free CSB Phone banking team at 1800 266 9090.