The Canara Bank was established in Mangalore in 1906. At present, Canara Bank has its headquarters at Bengaluru and it is one of the largest banks that belong to the public sector. It has a strong presence throughout India and has about 6111 branches.
The bank caters to almost all sections of people and has an ever growing client base. Since it is mandatory to link your aadhar number to the bank account number as per the government rules by March 31st, 2018 the bank is engaged in doing the same for existing as well as the new customers.
Linking Aadhar to Canara Bank Account Offline
The process of linking your Aadhar number to your bank account is called seeding. The process is as follows
- Have the Aadhar card copy and original ready
- You can either download the Aadhar linking form or you can get it from the bank itself.
- Fill all the details that are required in the linking form carefully. Especially double check the Aadhar number, account number and the mobile number.
- Visit the nearest Canara Bank branch
- Submit the form along with the photocopy of Aadhar.
- If the bank official asks for the original Aadhar, produce the same and take it back immediately.
- Now, the bank official who receives the form will give you the lower portion of the application form as an acknowledgment for receiving the application.
The bank will then complete the linking formalities and the confirmation message will be sent to your mobile number.
Linking Aadhar Canara Bank Account Online
You can seed your Aadhar online if you have Net banking account by using the Aadhar seeding option in the services menu. You can also seed your Aadhar to your bank account using ATM. You have to swipe the debit/ATM card and select the Aadhar registration option and type the 12 digit Aadhar number for the same.
You will receive the seeding request receipt in both the cases. The confirmation message will be sent to your registered mobile number.Visit https://www.canarabank.in/ for more details.